This autumn, pumpkin beers are top on my obsession list. There are so many out there and it's hard to choose one that you will like. I plan to review as many *craft* pumpkin beers as I can before they fade away into winter...
Pumpkin Beer #1 is Wachusett "Pumpkan" Ale. An "ale brewed with pumpkin and spices," as their can declares.
It presented as an amber-orange color and the aroma, eh, it smelled like
a regular ale to me, not much pumpkin-y goodness. It had a slightly
sour taste to it and sort of tasted like a can, even after pouring it in
the glass. The flavor tasted like a regular ale and the pumpkin taste
and aroma was very faint.I would love to try this one again on tap, but I'm not holding my breath to be able to find it now...
Overall I would give this one a 3/10. It didn't really impress me as a pumpkin ale and I would not go out of my way to buy another one to pair with my dinner. I might recommend bringing a 6 pack to a Halloween party only because the can is so festive.
No comments:
Post a Comment